Friday 16 March 2012

Teen slaps Principle

A class IX student of St Elias High School in Khar (west) verbally abused and then slapped his principal on Monday after she scolded him for disturbing other students during a school examination. The incident occurred at 9:15am, when the 15-year-old schoolboy, who resides at Khar Danda, was asked to leave the class during the algebra exam.

"The school was conducting the final exams. The three-hour exam started at 7am. This student had finished answering the questions at 9.15am and started disturbing other students. I then asked him to leave the class. He called me some bad words and slapped me,'' the principal said. TOI has decided to withhold their identities.

Earlier in February, a class IX student in Chennai allegedly killed his teacher of St Mary's Anglo-Indian School after the school sent adverse reports to his parents.

The St Elias High School principal lodged a complaint with the Khar police station but said she did not wish to pursue it. "For my safety, I made a police complaint in Khar but I have told not to take action against the child.

He is under the influence of alcohol and drugs. We will have to counsel him. He hit me but I brought him back to school. But he did not appear for the exam on Wednesday," the principal said. She said the school was keen on reforming the boy.

"We do not want him to become a boisterous person later. He should be useful to society," the principal said. The student has a past record of being a wayward, problem child, but the school did not expel the boy as it wanted to provide him with a chance to reform . "I have been counselling him for about a year. He is short-tempered and did not regret his action," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Reads

Blog Archive